Sunday, August 2, 2009

What do I need for basic Java programming?

All I know about programming involves C++, where you just need a compiler to get started. So what do I need to get started with Java? That is, what (preferably freeware) software should I look for to be able to make my own applications?


Thanks

What do I need for basic Java programming?
Its good that you already know C++.


So you won't find any difficulty on starting with JAVA.


For that you need to download Java Software from the authorised website of Sun Microsystems.


http://java.sun.com





All softwares are available free of cost....


Here you will find all the necessay softwares, tutorials, documentations, discussion forums and everything about JAVA





If you need more help, you can contact me at chetan_9118@yahoo.com





I am also working on JAVA platform..
Reply:Chetan has you on the right track, and you should have no problem with Java if you know C++.





Chetan has already answered your question, I'm just thought I would throw in some comments. The creators of Java were certainly thinking of the C++ programmers when they created it. It is very similar. The nice thing about Java is that the compiler IDE everything is free. I like the NetBeans IDE myself. You can even get the NetBean IDE with the 1.6 (1.6 == 6.0) JDK as a bundled download (Java Development Kit, ie the compiler and libraries).





Note you will see Java SE (Standard Edition, desktop apps), Java ME (Mobile Edition for phones and such), one for Web application, and Web backends, databases. Tons all from Sun.


Sun makes excellent software and machines.





http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/ind...


No comments:

Post a Comment