Thursday, July 30, 2009

How do i program convincing jumps in a fighting game I will make as java applet?

I dont' know much about physics..and i don't want to spend a whole lot trying to figure it out. A few years ago i managed to program a whole java game, fighting game i created. It was fun but jumps were kind of cheap.

How do i program convincing jumps in a fighting game I will make as java applet?
I was going to say use Newton's gravitational constant, but since you don't want to do that, I'd say simply make the jump slow down progressively until the jumper reaches the top height, and then do the reverse for the descent.





If you saw the movie Ice Age, there's a scene where this piece of ice pops out of the top of a giant cliff wall. It starts out real slow and then accelerates. Very realistic looking.
Reply:What kind of game is it? Which way u want to put jumps?





I have also made PLANE FIGHTING game: see "aakash.freehostia.com"


If yours is similar, I can answer ANY OF your question, if it's different, please specify how you want to put jumps!

credit cards

No comments:

Post a Comment