Tuesday, July 28, 2009

What is the name of the java executable that opens jar files?

I'm assuming its in the bin. I'm trying to use Dr java but cant compile because the sdk java version is 1.4.2 and the jar file opens with 1.5.0, so it won't let me because the versions don't match.





I can't install the 1.5 sdk because the computer that I'm using (at school) takes way too long because it scans it with mcaffee virus shield.





I cant get textpad to work because the classpath is all messed up...for some reason the sdk isn't installed in the Java folder under program files so everything is just messed up. Incompetent people running these computers. I've tried changing the enviroment variables, use -classpath . in textpad, etc.





So I'm assuming if I open the Drjava file with the sdk Java version, it will use that version and ignore the other java installation.





Ive been screwing around with this for a long time.

What is the name of the java executable that opens jar files?
the java.exe can unpack jar in memory and execute it. I think that you need the -jar switch. See the link below for more information.

flower seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment